A warm welcome to our Year 5 page. If your child is in Year 5 please familiarise yourself with this page as it will let you know the various activities the class are currently involved in. Note that this page doesn't replace the school newsletters - those can be accessed here: Newsletters.
|Classroom code of conduct|
This list was put together by the pupils themselves in the first week of term. All the ideas came from the children themselves, in order to maximise our learning potential in the classroom.
- Be caring and respectful to everyone
- To respect the classroom itself and the items which belong to it
- To work together as a team
- To enter the classroom quietly
- To put our hands up if somebody would like to share something
- To have our eyes facing the teacher when he is talking
- To always strive to achieve our best
Children and parents please familiarise yourself with the outline weekly timetable for your class, available here or by clicking the link on the right. It will help you to remember for example which day you will your PE kit is in school, though you will of course need your indoor shoes every day and your book bag every day.Please note that this is an outline timetable only as some scheduled activities may be changed due to other in school events happening that week.
For the curriculum information sheet for this term, please click here: Curriculum map.
This half term we are exploring the depths of space; we will consider the scientific understanding of the solar system and Earth's position within this, including some of the most famous scientists that have shaped our understanding, from Aristotle to Galileo to Stephen Hawking. We will additionally look at how space has influenced many writers in the genre of science fiction and how to create artistic spacescapes.
If your child develops an interest in any of our topics we would love to see the result of any independent or parent-led projects. The Cherry Hinton library and local museums are extremely helpful and a wonderful resource.
|Activities outside the classroom|
Here is a list of the activities that take the children outside the classroom this term
- PE every Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
- In May, the children will be exploring art in the Fitzwilliam Museum; there will be an expert guiding the pupils around to delve into some of the Victorian paintings in the galleries, as well as having an opportunity to create their own artwork, based on the paintings in the French Impressionist section.