Family Participation Page
Welcome to The Spinney's Family Participation page!
"Parents' active engagement with their children's school and their learning is the most important long-term influence on academic success and behaviour."
The Spinney school is committed to securing strong family and community links, and there are a number of ways that you can volunteer your skills and time in school.
Every term parents will receive a copy of the "Teaching and Learning Events Calendar" in which you will find a number of ways for parents, carers and families to become involved in the life of the school. A pdf copy of the latest calendar can be found here.
"The Spinney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment."
The safety of our puplis is paramount. Volunteers in school must ensure that they have read and understood the induction to child protection precedures for The Spinney School which is available from the school office.
Ten top ways to get involved
- Come along and join in with termly Stay and Play
- Attend the half term or end of term celebration assemblies
- Volunteer as a Learning Partner in either Reading or Maths (ask at the school office for more details)
- Pop in to your child's class after school for Open Friday, where you have an opportunity to see your child's books and talk with your child about their learning and progress
- Join us and the Friends of the Spinney for our Coffee Mornings and Termly Parents Lunch after the Mothering Day Service at St Andrew's Church
- Become a Friend of The Spinney - meet other wonderful Spinney parents and find out about ways to support events and enrichment activities for the children
- Meet other parents by going along to the next meeting of the Spinney Book Club
- Find out about ways to support your child's learning at home by visiting the Parents' page, or talking to your child's class teacher
- Find out about ways to keep your child safe on the internet by visiting the Computer safety page, and come along to this term's Family Learning event about Cyber Safety
- Bring your skills into school and help out during special learning weeks such as International Week or Science Week.