The Spinney welcomes volunteers, including governors, recognising their skills and the benefits they bring to the children's education.
If you are interested in offering your support to the school on a voluntary basis, please contact the school office in the first instance for more information. If you do offer your services, you will be invited to a meeting with the head teacher to discuss the opportunities we have. You would also be required to complete an application form, including the names of two referees.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of this commitment, we follow a strict vetting and barring process for any volunteers and members of staff.
If all criteria are satisfied, you will be asked to confirm that you have read the following key policies before starting any work at the school:
- Anti Bullying Policy (Staff)
- Behaviour and Discipline Policy
- Curriculum Design Statement
- Health Safety and Welfare Policy
- Keeping Children Safe In Education
- Keeping Children Safe In Education - Part 1
- Prevent Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Safer Working Practice Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
We also recommend you familiarise yourself with the following: